12.1 Board of Management
- The Board of Management shall have general charge of all business affairs of the church and its policies and administration, including the appointment of committees, approval of committee chairpersons and formation of new committees.
- The membership of the Board of Management shall consist of officers and liaisons, plus the Minister and Director of Religious Education, ex officio as non-voting members.
- The regular meetings of the Board of Management shall be held at least monthly except for the months of July and August. Five voting members present at a meeting shall constitute a quorum.
- D. Special meetings of the Board may be called at the order of the President of the Board, or at the pleasure of any other officer of the Board, due notice being given to all members of the Board of Management, the notice stating the purpose for which the meeting is being convened.
- The Board of Management may authorize an expenditure of not over $5,000.00 without a vote of the congregation, except in one of the following two circumstances:
- The Board may authorize the expenditure of over $5,000.00 as severance pay for a minister who has been dismissed, as noted in Article XIII, Section 1, Clause 1.
- b. The Board may authorize the expenditure of over $5,000.00 in the event of an extreme emergency, by the unanimous vote of all voting members of the Board present.
- The Board shall designate one to three church members to review the church financial status at the end of each fiscal year. Members of the Board of Management/elected officers/Budget/Finance Committee members may not serve as reviewers.
- Any vacancies among the officers, liaisons, or nominating committee members shall be filled until the Annual Meeting of that fiscal year by determination of the Board of Management after consultation with the nominating committee.
- Procedural questions at any given meeting shall be decided by reference to the most recent edition of Roberts Rules of Order. Members or friends may be recognized by the President to speak at Board meetings.